The Haute Route Triple Crown Challenge 2014
15th August to 8th September 2014
Sports Tours International are pleased to have been chosen to be official travel partner for the 2014 Haute Route, the longest and hardest cyclosportives.
The Haute Route Triple Crown Challenge is the event of a lifetime!
Ride all 3 Haute Route events in 2014 fully supported by Sports Tours International, the experienced Haute Route travel partners
Recently the organisers of the Haute Route Alps and the Haute Route Pyrenees confirmed the creation of the Haute Route Dolomites - Swiss Alps for 2014. In 2011 came the inaugural edition of the Haute Route Alps and in 2013 the Haute Route Pyrenees, now the Haute Route Dolomites - Swiss Alps is another event to add to the world’s highest and toughest cyclosportives.
We pick you up from the airport, we assist you with building your bike, we will transport your bike bag and any other luggage from hotel to hotel so your bags arrive before you at the hotel each night. Each night we will be on hand for advice and service.
Your non-riding partner can come and join you as our minibus will transport passengers from hotel to hotel and we will be on hand at strategic locations with day bags, nutrition and encouragement.
Our experienced guide will keep up to date with all race briefings for you so you don't have to move from your hotel after you finish each day.
Below is a summary of the 21 stages of the Haute Route Triple Crown Challenge in 2014:
Haute Route Dolomites:
Details of the day by day travel itinerary can be found here: Haute Route Dolomites-Swiss Alps
Event Village: Friday 15th of August: Venice
- Stage 1: Saturday 16th August: Near Venice - TBC
- Stage 2: Sunday 17th August: TBC - TBC
- Stage 3: Monday 18th August: TBC - TBC
- Stage 4: Tuesday 19th August: TBC - TBC
- Stage 5: Wednesday 20th August: TBC - TBC
- Stage 6: Thursday 21st August: TBC - TBC
- Stage 7: Friday 22nd August: TBC - Geneva
Haute Route Alps:
Details of the day by day travel itinerary can be found here: Haute Route Alps
Event Village: Saturday 23rd August: Geneva
- Stage 1: Sunday 24th August: Geneva - Megève (130km, 3100m)
- Stage 2: Monday 25th August: Megève - Courchevel (130km, 3900m)
- Stage 3: Tuesday 26th August: Courchevel - Alpe d’Huez (137km, 4600m)
- Stage 4:, Wed 27th August: Bourg d’Oisans - Alpe d’Huez ITT (15km, 1100m)
- Stage 5: Thursday 28th August: Bourg d’Oisans - Digne-les-Bains (188km, 2900m)
- Stage 6: Friday 29th August: Digne-les-Bains - Mont Ventoux (159km, 2800m)
- Stage 7: Saturday 30th August: Digne-les-Bains - Nice (153km, 2350m)
Haute Route Pyrenees:
Details of the day by day travel itinerary can be found here: Haute Route Pyrenees
Transfer from Nice to Barcelona: Sunday 31st August: Event village Barcelona (Spain)
- Stage 1: Mon 1 Sept: Ripoll to Font Romeu (93km, 2500m D+)
- Stage 2: Tues 2 Sept: Font Romeu to Ax-3-Domaines (120km, 3000m D+)
- Stage 3: Wed 3 Sept: Ax-les-Thermes to Bagnères-de-Luchon (160 km, 2700m D+)
- Stage 4: Thurs 4 Sept: Bagnères-de-Luchon to Argelès-Gazost (120km, 3800m D+)
- Stage 5: Fri 5 Sept: Individual Time Trial – Col du Tourmalet (18.5km, 1500m D+)
- Stage 6: Sat 6 Sept: Argelès-Gazost to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (148km, 3900m D+)
- Stage 7: Sun 7 Sept: St-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Anglet (124km, 2000m D+)
Non-riding partners plus riders with their own Haute Route Entry:
£3099 per person based on 2 people sharing a twin or double room.
Supplement for the single occupancy of a room is £899 for the sole occupancy of a twin or double room.
Included in our travel packages is:
- 24 nights accommodation at various hotels on bed and breakfast basis
- 22 of the nights have dinner at the hotel included
- Hotels are of good quality and ideally located for the starts and finishes each day
- Sports Tours International jersey
- Nightly bike storage at all hotels
- Transport of luggage between the stages
- Transport of non-riding friends or partners between stages
- Sports Tours Rep support
Not included in our travel packages is:
- The £1000 Haute Route entry (per event) plus all extras that this includes (Please view www.hauteroute.org for details) - this is payable at time of booking and is included in your deposit.
- Your journey to Venice airport and from Biarritz airport
- Any meals and drinks not noted above.
- Any extras at your accommodation.
- Travel Insurance - highly recommended.
Entry fee to the 2014 Haute Route: £1000 per event
What's included with the entry? click here
Twin to share:
If you would like to join us as a single traveller but you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our 'twin to share' option. We will pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra. Simply click on the green button and select the twin to share option.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
To enter the Haute Route, you require a medical certificate that states that you are capable of cycling in cycling competitions.
For travellers from the EU, visas are not required to enter Switzerland and France. You need a passport or a European identity card. All non-UK passport holders must check their own country's entry requirements for the UK. General Travel Information is also available.
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.