Paris Roubaix Cyclo Sportive 2016
11th to 13th June 2016
The Paris Roubaix Cyclo Sportive is held every 2 years with the next edition being held on June 12th 2016. The prize for all finishers is an honourary lap on the Roubaix Velodrome and a commemmorative cobble stone.
The main difference between this and the Paris-Roubaix Challenge event which is held in April (The same weekend as the Paris Roubaix pro race), is that the distance of the Paris-Roubaix Sportive full distance event is 220km and the maximum distance of the Challenge in April is 170km.
Why book with Sports Tours International?
- Prices from £299
- We offer a time effective 2 night coach trip from the UK and all travel arrangements so all you need to do is turn up and ride
- Our hotels are near the start in Bohain and the finish in Roubaix
- We include breakfasts, evening meals and packed lunch on race day
- No need to collect entries or register. We do it for you.
- Secure bike rooms are provided
- Both sportive distances are available
- Our experienced staff will guide and support you all weekend
The Paris-Roubaix. Words that conjour up images of that unique, classic French cycling event: the cobbles, the danger, the excitement! The Hell of the North!
The Paris-Roubaix Cyclo emulates the real thing, following the route of the majority of the professional event, including a lap of the famous Roubaix Velodrome.
You can follow the famous names of Stuart O'Grady, Fabian Cancelara and Johan Museeuw and find out what it really takes to complete the race.
Enter the 2016 Paris Roubaix Cyclo Sportive
This event is run every two years, so the next Paris Roubaix Cyclo will be in 2016, on the 12th of June. There are two distance options: 210 km and 120km. These are available again in 2016...
210 km long,closely related to the course of the professional race, with 54 km of cobbles, from BOHAIN-En-vermandois (near Cambrai) to the Roubaix Velodrome.
120 km long as a shorter alternative, with 32 km of cobbles, starting in WALLERS-ARENBERG (near Valenciennes).
Both finish on the Velodrome track in ROUBAIX. Every two years, thousands of cyclists from across the contintent head over to France to take on this sportive, giving it a truly international feel.
As the Official Tour Operator for the UK of the Paris Roubaix Cyclo sportive, we offer a great travel package to help you get the most out of the event. Meanwhile, if you want to watch the Pros in action at the original Paris Roubaix race, the Hell of the North, have a look at our Paris Roubaix travel packages for next April.
The 2016 Paris-Roubaix Sportive in June gives you the opportunity to ride nearly the full Paris-Roubaix route including all of the cobbles of the professional race.
You will be rewarded with an honourary lap of the iconic Roubaix velodrome and a commemmorative cobble stone. Also available is the official 2016 Paris-Roubaix cycling jersey.
Book now with Sports Tours International, UK Travel partner of the Velo Club Roubaix
Planned itinerary for the 2016 event:
Saturday June 11th - Travel day
We'll have an afternoon sailing to Calais, arriving in Cambrai for about 20:00hrs. We will spend the next night on Half Board basis so with breakfast and evening meal included.
On Sunday we will also provide you with a packed lunch. We will hand out your race numbers for tomorrow's event to you this evening.
There is a secure bike room in the hotel for you to store your bike and bike box or bag and for you to build your bike after transport.
What is the coach like? Have a look here to see what to expect
UK collection points:
Our touring coaches equipped with box trailer for the safe storage of bikes in bike bags will make collections at:
Sunday June 12th - Sportive day
There will be the option of taking part in either the 220km or 120km events.
After an early breakfast, we will take you from the hotel to the start in Bohain en Vermandois. Your luggage also needs to come with us on the coach today. First of all we will drop off those who are doing the long Sportive in Bohain en Vermandois before going to Wallers Arenberg afterwards for the start of the shorter distance.
After the Sportive, we will guide you the short 3km distance back to the Ibis in Roubaix and your luggage will be there for already.
We will have the evening meal together at the hotel.
Monday June 13th - Departure day
After breakfast we return home, taking the 13.30hrs sailing to Dover, arriving London 16.00hrs, Birmingham 19.00hrs, Manchester 21.00hrs.
Coach trip from the UK
£299 based on the double occupancy of a twin or double room on half board basis.
Deposit: £100 plus any non refundable sportive entry fee.
Single room supplement: £89 for the single occupancy of a twin or double bedded room.
- 220km entry - £20 (includes cobble)
- 120km entry - £15 (includes cobble)
- Roubaix sportive jersey - £40 (Picture of 2014 version below)
- 1 night's hotel accommodation at Hotel Ibis in Cambrai
- 1 night's hotel accommodation at Hotel Ibis in Roubaix
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 evening meals
- 1 packed lunch on Sportive day
- Coach travel from various pick up locations in the UK
- Ferry crossings
- The services of our Sports Tours International staff
- Bike storage at the hotel
What's not included:
Included with your entry:
- Entry into the 2016 Paris-Roubaix Sportive available at £20 for the 220km and £15 for the 120km
- The 2016 Roubaix Sportive Jersey available at £40
- Travel insurance - insurance page
- Any hotel extras not included in the above
This is not a race but a cycle tour
- A commemorative cobble stone
- Souvenir gift at the finish line for each participant with a special gift for ladies
- A sandwich and a drink at the finish line
- A shower in the famous "Douches Coureurs de Paris-Roubaix"
- Arrival at the Roubaix Velodrome with a lap around the track
- Plenty of provisions at every checkpoint, incl sports drinks, fruit and snacks
- Cobbled sections closed to traffic
TWIN TO SHARE OPTION:
Are you a single traveller and you want to join our group or do you want to take part in this great event but your mates are not into cycling or they can't get time off work? Use our 'twin to share' option. We will pair you up with another person so you don't have to pay the sole occupancy supplement.
Whilst we try very hard to deliver your tour itinerary as specified at the time of booking, sometimes circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from providing the exact tour itinerary that is advertised and in such circumstances we do not assume liability for any loss of the advertised elements of the itinerary. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
If you are a British passport holder visas are not required to enter France and you may stay as a visitor for three months. For links to General Travel Information. If you are not a British passport holder please refer to your own country's rules for entry into this destination. For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page.
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.