2017 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 & 46 hotel packages
28th to 31st July 2017
The 2017 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 cyclo sportive is now available for international riders with Sports Tours International. Guaranteed Entry and accomodation packages available.
Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 forms part of the larger Prudential RideLondon weekend. New 46 mile distance also available in 2017.
Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 forms part of the London 2012 Olympics legacy events for cycling. It is your opportunity to cycle on closed roads around London, and most importantly for cyclo sportive riders, ride a route that replicates much of the 2012 Olympics Road Race course.
The new Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 mile distance event takes place on the same day as the 100, setting off after all the “100” riders have departed – this is ideal for those wanting the RideLondon experience, without the stress of riding 100 miles!
- Experience cycling on closed roads in London and the Surrey country side
- Guaranteed entry so no need to take your chances in the ballot
- 4 star hotel in Central London
- Support from our reps, with bike storage and mechanical assistance at the hotel
In 2016 Prudential Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile sportive started at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then followed closed roads through the Capital out into Surrey following much of the Olympic road race route. From Surrey it then came back towards the centre of London taking in some of the UK’s most famous landmarks before finishing on The Mall, home to many famous events in British history, and overlooked by Buckingham Palace, home to the British Royal Family. We expect the 2017 edition to follow a similar route.
The Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 route will follow the same route as the 100, but after the route has crossed Hampton Court Bridge, it will turn left and join the route of the 100 heaving back into the centre of London, giving you the same finish on The Mall.
Along the way you will be cheered by hundreds of thousands and enthusiastic fans and this is very much a different type of cyclo sportive event than you will experience anywhere else.
Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 form part of the larger Prudential RideLondon weekend, which also includes:
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle - Up to 90,000 cyclists of all ages and abilities will ride freely (and non-competitively) around an iconic 8 mile circuit in Central London.
- Prudential RideLondon Classique around an impressive and exciting 5.5 mile circuit in Central London for Elite Women.
- Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic road race which is a UCI event, starting around 12:30pm from Horse Guards Parade, featuring 150 of the top pro cyclists in the World riding the Olympic Road race route after the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 participants have been through the course, eventually finishing too on The Mall.
- For the mass participation event, there will be waved starts from 06:00 to 08:30 based on predicted rider times. All entrants must be able to complete the course within 9 hours. In year 3, over 26,000 cyclists started the event. Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 has become the World’s largest fund-raising cycle ride, very much in a similar style to how the Virgin Money London Marathon has become the World’s largest fund-raising marathon run.
- Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 is likely to start around 9am.
The Melia White House Hotel:
The Melia White House Hotel in London is a very good 4 star hotel and ideal for a longer stay. The hotel benefits from a prime central London location in a prestigious area in Regent’s Park within close proximity of London’s main attractions. This London hotel suits competitors, friends and families for events such as the Virgin Money London Marathon and Prudential RideLondon.
After a recent refurbishment, hotel guests can now have a more pleasant and unique experience when staying in London. This 4-star deluxe hotel has 581 rooms, 112 apartments, 9 meeting rooms, 2 restaurants and a bar with a terrace; a fitness centre and an executive lounge.
All hotel rooms and suites at the Melia White House are non-smoking and offer:
Planned itinerary for the 2017 event:
- En-suite bathroom with hair-dryer and magnifying mirror
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary WiFi
- High speed internet connection
- Flat-screen television with Satellite channels
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- 24-hour room service
- Direct dial telephone and UK/EU/US sockets
We advise to book the below duration. It is possible to arrive 1 or 2 nights before but please note that you will not be able to keep your bike in your room unless it is in a box or bag. You will then be able to assemble your bike on Friday once the bike room is opened and our staff is available.
Note: you will have to attend the Expo at Excel to collect your bib on either the Thursday, Friday or Saturday within set times. (TBA later).
Friday July 28:
Arrange your own transport to London and please make your way to the Melia White House hotel. On arrival you will be able to put your bike into the special bike room at the hotel. Our mechanic is on hand today to assist you with assembling your bike if you have travelled with your bike in a bike box or bag. After you have checked in, you will have the opportunity to have a wander out of the hotel and enjoy an evening out in London.
Saturday July 29 – Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix series and the Prudential RideLondon Freewheel event
The day of the Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix series and the Prudential RideLondon Freewheel event. If you have chosen to arrive today, we will be around at the hotel in case you require any assistance. Today is a free day to build your bike and register for the event. We are on hand to assist you. It is a good opportunity to explore the local area and prepare for tomorrow’s event. If you want you can join the Prudential RideLondon Freewheel event today which is a free event with an expected 90,000 participants. Please note that this event is free but you have to pre-register online on the RideLondon website.
Taking place in the evening, the Prudential RideLondon Classique for elite women series will take place on closed roads in and around The Mall, Whitehall, the Strand and Trafalgar Square. From our hotel you will be able to walk over to watch some of the action. The Mall is a couple of km walk away from the hotel.
Sunday July 30 – Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 day!!!
For those competing in Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100, you will ride to the start from the hotel and be given a waved start somewhere between 06:00 and 08:30. Our bike guide will ride with you to the start at the earliest time. The ride will pass through nine London boroughs and the county of Surrey, before returning to Central London for a finish on The Mall.
Later in the afternoon there will also be a Pro cycling event. Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic is the UCI event for 150 of the world’s best cyclists. The route of the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic is a variation on the London 2012 Olympic Road Race route. It will follow a similar route as the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 course and feature a route extension (in Surrey) to meet UCI pro race requirements. You will be able to watch the finish of the Pro Race on the Mall this afternoon after you have finished yourself and got changed at the hotel.
Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 is likely to start around 9am from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Monday July 31:
After breakfast please check out of the hotel.
|Melia White House Hotel - 4 star hotel, Accommodation Only:
£660 per person based on sharing a room with 2 single beds or 1 double bed
£1050 per person based on single occupancy of a room
£570 per person based on sharing a room with 2 single beds or 1 double bed
£880 per person based on single occupancy of a room
£480 per person based on sharing a room with 2 single beds or 1 double bed
£710 per person based on single occupancy of a room
£390 per person based on sharing a room with 2 single beds or 1 double bed
£540 per person based on single occupancy of a room
What is included:
- Hotel accommodation at the 4 star Melia White House in central London – various durations available
- Guaranteed entry to the 2017 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 event or Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 – please select this option at the time of booking
- Services and support of our Sports Tours International staff including our guide who will ride with you to the start of the Event. If you would like to arrange a Taxi to the start village this can be done at the hotel at your own cost.
- Bike storage at the hotel
What is not included:
- Your travel to the event
- Travel Insurance. More info here
- Meals and hotel extras other than described above
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends.
If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another traveller (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page.General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in cycling events if you will be doing so. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.