The 99th GIRO D’ITALIA
The 2015 edition of the Giro d'Italia took place on a tough route with the now traditional cold and wet weather mixed up with exciting racing with Alberto Contador's victory in Milan.
The 2016 Giro d'Italia route was revealed on 5th October in Milan, and will start in Gelderland, the Netherlands with 3 stages within the largest Province of Holland. Expect the Dutch to go even more cycling mad and turn everything pink.
In 2016 we will offer a weekend travel package to the Giro start in Holland and we will also organise our longer tour which follows the Giro on its last 10 days to the finish in Milan, plus a shorter trip to the final 4 days Alpine Finale.
See below for details of our Travel Packages to the 2016 Giro d'Italia.
New for 2016:
All our standard 2016 Tour de France and 2016 Giro d'Italia multi-day Tours will include 3 exclusive VIP elements. Please read below for a description of each of the VIP possibilities on the 2016 Giro d'Italia and for the 2016 Tour de France, please have a look here.
Standard travel packages Giro d'Italia:
Below is an overview of our fantastic VIP experiences that we are able to offer as we are an Official VIP Tour Operator of the 2016 Giro d'Italia.
Our standard multi-day travel packages for the stages in Holland and Italy will include:
- Start Village
- Finish grandstand seats
- Live the Dream (Cross the official finish line)
Read more on our VIP access and hospitality packages here
You can also enjoy these VIP access tickets as stand alone options so you are flexible in terms of where you would like to stay and other travel arrangements if applicable.
Why book with Sports Tours International?
- We are the Giro's preferred travel partner
- We offer various special access hospitality and VIP options - More info here
- Various travel packages are available with different durations
- Our mini-buses and coaches transfer all your luggage and bikes between destinations. They are equipped with bike roof racks or special bike trailers for secure and safe transportation of your bike.
- Our hotels provide excellent breakfast and evening meals with wine, water and superb Italian (or Dutch) coffee included.
- All of our 3 & 4 star hotels are named and published on our site, not all companies do this!
- Single or twin share option available for single travellers to join our group
- Sports Tours International provide the best value and we are professional and reliable with years of Giro d'Italia experience.
- We support you whether you ride or spectate - .gpx files, maps, back-up vehicles and rider/guides provided (on certain days)
- Spectators can enjoy Italian culture, hospitality and access to the Giro by minibus or coach.
- Our hotels provide the best and most efficient access to the race, no time wasted!
Our travel packages for the 2016 Giro d'Italia in brief: