Gran Fondo Hincapie
25th October 2014
Join George Hincapie and cycling stars of the past, present and future on a challenging ride through upstate South Carolina in the USA.
View the leaves changing from one season to the next as George leads cyclists along the same roads he has ridden on training for races like the Tour de France and the Paris-Roubaix and for the Experience Domestique Climb with George Hincapie training camp.
After completing the ride, join family and friends for a fun festival at the picturesque Hotel Domestique.
Complete with live music, cold beer, and rides for the kids, this festival is a great way to cap off the day.
There are a number of different distance options:
- Gran Fondo 128km/80 miles - The most challenging and endurance-testing trail, the Gran Fondo offers lush scenery along hilly terrain for advanced cyclists.
- Medio Fondo 80km/50 miles - The Medio Fondo offers cyclists the picturesque view of the Blue Ridge Foothills in a slightly shortened version of the Gran Fondo.
- Piccolo 24km/15 miles - Although still challenging for some cyclists in length and difficulty, the Piccolo offers cyclists a more leisurely ride through the rolling foothills.
Gran Fondo Hincapie Entry fees:
Enter online now!
- 15 and 50 mile option include: bottle of T. Edwards Wine, musette bag, course marking, chip timing, catered rest stops, post-ride meal and drinks, competition prizes, bike valet services and much more!
- 80 mile option: everything listed above plus a Hincapie Gran Fondo full-zip jersey.
For those participating in the Gran Fondo, there is a GOLD VIP package available including:
- Jersey, bibshort, vest.
- Breakfast with the pros.
- Preferred parking.
- Pre-ride bike check.
- Preferred ride staging.
- Post ride massage
The price is the GOLD package is US$500.
And there is an even more exclusive package available....the PLATINUM VIP package, which includes:
- Helicopter transport from airport (GSP or GMU) (+1 other person).
- Cocktail reception (+1).
- 3 day course recon with George.
- All meals provided (+1).
- 5 nights of lodging at Hotel Domestique (Gran Fondo Start) (+1).
- Daily massage. Sag support on all rides. Security team. Friday evening celebrity chef dinner and wine tasting (+1).
- Personalized jersey, bibshort, vest & accessories.
- Breakfast with the pros.
- Front row start.
- Personal moto sag at Fondo plus one guest on back of moto.
- Exclusive after party invitation (+1).
- Recap picture book.
- Vehicle available for personal use (+1).
The price is this package is US$10,000.
George Hincapie is one of the most recognised cyclists in the world, with numerous world championships, national championships and professional victories to his credit. Introduced to cycling at an early age by his Colombian-born father, George worked his way up through the ranks to compete at the top level of international cycle racing.
Over the course of his stellar professional career — that spans two decades — his list of accomplishments and victories is as long as it is impressive. "Big George," as the cycling media refers to him, was a key domestique for the sport's premier riders, and he has enjoyed individual glory as well. He has ridden on a number of celebrated racing teams—Motorola, US Postal, Discovery Channel, Team High Road, BMC Racing—successfully completing 17 Tours de France and five Olympic Games.
HOW TO BOOK:
To book this or discuss further, please contact us on +44 161 703 8161 or email email@example.com
PASSPORTS - THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Please note: we will require a copy of your passport along with your application form.
Please – don’t leave it to the last minute! The following information is for United Kingdom passport holders only, other nationals including Eire should consult the appropriate embassy.
UK residents are allowed to enter the USA with a ten year passport, with no less than 6 months left before the expiry of the passport, if staying in the US for less than 90 days. However, the rules are constantly updated, so we advise that you check your own individual situation as the visa waiver programme is subject to strict criteria, and for example, if you have a criminal record or have previously been refused entry to the US, you may not qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver programme.
Please check your status with the rules.
Passengers are no longer permitted to enter the USA with a non-machine readable passport unless their old style passport has a valid Visa stamp. The newer red passports are machine readable.
CHILDREN MUST HAVE THEIR OWN PASSPORT - If in doubt please contact the passport advice line on 0300 222 0000, or Passport Office Website or if applicable the American Embassy on 0207 499 9000 or the US Embassy Website
IMMIGRATION TO THE USA:
There are now very strict guidelines on entry to the USA and a new system put in place whereby you must have registered with the Department of Homeland Security at least three days before you travel. More information can be found on the Department’s Official Website
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page