L'Etape du Tour 2016 - Megeve to Morzine - “Ride a classic mountain stage of the Tour de France”
The 2016 Etape du Tour will take place in the Alps on 10 July 2016. As always the route will replicate a stage of the 2016 Tour de France. Our travel packages with guaranteed entry and a choice of hotels are now available. Sports Tours International are official tour operator of the 2016 Tour de France.
Congratulations to everyone who rode and completed the Etape du Tour 2015 with us!
What's so special about the Etape du Tour?
The event takes place on 100% closed roads
Event support is the best with mechanical support by Mavic, fully secured roads and professional feed stops
- You will ride a stage of the Tour de France on exactly the same route as the Pros just a week later
2016 Etape du Tour
The Etape du Tour will take place in the Alps on Sunday 10th July 2016. Replicating stage 20 of the 2016 Tour de France from Megeve to Morzine. The pro peloton will tackle the stage on Saturday the 23rd of July.
The 2016 Etape du Tour is a classic Alpine stage with as some of the main features the climbs of the Col d'Aravis, Col de la Colombiere, Ramaz and Joux Plane. At 146 km it is an attractive proposition for both the experienced cyclo sportive rider and the Etape du Tour novice.
See below for our Etape du Tour 2016 packages.
To get an idea of what the cut off times are, please download the official 2015 Etape du Tour time schedule with cut off times here.
We did a recce of the course in October 2015, please have a read here of what we thought.
We will also be running a Marmotte / Etape du Tour 2016 combined trip.
Why ride the 2016 Etape du Tour with us?:
- We welcome all nationalities
- You will know in advance where you will stay as we advertise hotel names
- The option to buy a guaranteed entry to the 2016 Etape du Tour at only £100
- Hotel and support packages to suit all budgets
- A choice of residences in Megeve, the ideal place to stay as it is the location of the event EXPO, registration and the start
- Self drive options in Sallanches, St Gervais, Praz sur Arly, Combloux and Morzine
- Transfer back from the finish (Megeve only)
- Early breakfasts on Etape du Tour day
- Dedicated feed station for Sports Tours International customers
- Airport transfers for you and your bike from Geneva airport which has by far the best choice of flights (Megeve only)
- We provide transfers from geneva airport to connect with all direct flight options from the UK and Ireland - More info (Megeve only)
- Shuttle back from Morzine to your hotel in Sallanches, Praz sur Arly, Combloux and St Gervais on Saturday afternoon for self drivers to park your car at the finish. (Self drivers only)
- Transfer to the start (Sallanches and Morzine only)
- Secure bike storage at your hotel or residence
- Assistance of Sports Tours reps and mechanics including a race briefing
- Etape du Tour goodie bag
- Etape du Tour training plan every month from January 2016
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey
- Payments are financially protected by ABTA