International Bike Weeks, Gunnar Asmussen, Rolf Aldag, Tom Kristensen,
Herman Reichold, Lars Bak & Magnus Backstedt
1st to 15th November 2014
Club La Santa in Lanzarote has the pleasure of hosting the popular International Bike Weeks lead by well known international cyclists and top sportsmen with a fantastic wealth of knowlege to help you train and improve to your best.
The island’s dramatic landscape offers a variety of brilliant smooth and rocky terrain with some fantastic mountain climbs and lovely smooth rolling roads that makes Lanzarote an ideal place to train.
The International bike weeks will cater for all abilities from novice to the elite cyclist. To get the most out of the bike weeks, you should aim to be able to cycle at least 2 to 4 hours daily.
The price for the International Bike Weeks is €125 for 1 week, €150 for 10 days or €175 for two weeks. This includes daily bike rides of various distances, talks on cycling, social activities, refreshments for the longer rides, a t-shirt and dinner on the final evening in the restaurant La Casa.
The full payment for the cycling camp will be taken upon arrival at the welcome meeting. You can sign up for this camp direct by visiting www.clublasanta.com.
Meet the bike week leaders:
- Gunner Asmussen - He has won several Nordic championships and his main achievement is being an Olympic gold medal in 4000 m for teams in Mexico in 1968.
- Rolf Aldag - is one of the most famous and respected German bikers, he has been pro for 15 years.
- Tom Kristensen - legendary Le Mans driver.
- Herman Reichold "The Artist" - Herman has been biking for around 15 years and is the leader of the “Cappuccino-group” during the bike weeks.
- Lars Bak - current Danish cycling pro, riding with Lotto Belisol and winner of a stage in the 2012 Giro d'Italia.
- Magnus Backstedt - team leader of Team UK Youth
Provisional Programme – subject to alteration :
09.30 Briefing: The route will be planned at the Bike Centre: Departure (w. Green Team)
18.00 Welcome meeting and registration
09.15 “How to set up your bike correctly” – with Gunnar Asmussen
09.30 Briefing:Famara-Montaña Blanca 65-70km: Departure
09.30 Briefing: El Golfo (70-80 km): Departure
18.00 Welcome meeting and registration for new guests
21.00 Pool tournament
09.15 Briefing: Tabayesco (85-130 km): Departure
09.30 Warm up – about 25 km
11.00 Time trail: La Santa–Tinajo–La Santa 14km
09.30 Briefing: Femés (75-100 km): Departure
20.00 Dinner in the Restaurant La Casa.
09.30 Briefing: Puerto Calero 70 km: Departure
Accommodation can be booked with Club La Santa, for prices and information on booking please visit www.clublasanta.co.uk or contact our reservations team on +44 161 790 9890
**Please note Club La Santa reserves the right to change or cancel any event**