a España (Tour
of Spain) 2014
The Final Week
With or without bikes
9th to 15th September 2014
This week we will take you to watch the final stages of the 2014 Vuelta a Espana from the second and final rest day, all the way until the final day in Santiago de Compostela.
We have chosen to stay for the full duration in Fecha near the city of Santiago de Compostela in Northern Spain. Famous for the Pilgrimage route, the Camino de Santiago. By using this as our base we will be ideally located to access all of the final 5 stages of the 2014 Vuelta.
Daily transport will be provided by our experienced bike guides and our bike carrying minibus. The group size is limited to only 8 so we expect this trip to fill up fast.
There is plenty on the programme for riders and non-riders alike. We are staying for the full duration at the excellent hotel Casa Grande do Bachao in Sta Christina de Fecha at 5 minutes from Santiago de Compostela and daily breakfasts, packed lunches and evening meals are all taken care of.
Tuesday September 9th:
Today is the second and final rest day of the 2014 Vuelta. An ideal day for us to arrive in Santiago de Compostela. You can either make your own way to Santiago de Compostela and choose to meet us at our hotel this evening or we can collect you from Madrid International airport. There are lots of options to fly into Madrid.
Please book your flight and we will come to collect you from the airport.
On arrival at the hotel, our bike guides will assist you with sorting out your bikes before we have a welcome meeting with a complimentary welcome drink and snacks. The meeting will be your opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers and bike guides a bit better.
We will enjoy the evening meal together at the hotel Casa Grande do Bachao which is located only 5 minutes from Santiago de Compostela
Wednesday September 10th:
Stage 17: Ortigueira - A Coruña – “Flat” stage
After breakfast our options for the day are:
- Ride from hotel to the stage finish of today's stage in A Coruna - 60km
- From finish ride the final finish circuit - 60km’s
- Travel in minibus to stage finish - 60km
Following the finish we will return to our hotel and have the evening meal.
Thursday September 11th:
Stage 18: A Estrada - Monte Castrove en Meis – Mountain Stage
Options for the day are:
- Travel to start in A Estrada by minibus - 38km. Then travel to finish in minibus 45km
- Ride to stage finish - 85km. Then ride the finishing circuit 24km. 109km total
- Return to Hotel ride or in minibus.
After the stage return to Fecha for the evening meal
Friday September 12th:
Stage 19 - Salvaterra de Miño - Cangas de Morrazo – Hill Stage
Options for the day are:
- Travel to start in minibus 116km. Then travel in minbus to view riders pass over 1 or both climbs
- Travel in minibus to Vigo (100km) and ride the last 70km of the race route
- Meet at stage finish and return in minibus
- Ride to Vigo then join the route. Ride last 70km of race route. Approx 170km
After the stage return to Santiago de Compostela for the evening meal
Saturday September 13th:
Stage 20: Santo Estevo de Riba de Sil to Ancares – Mountain Stage
Options for the day are:
- Travel in minibus to the race route approx. 160km – 1hr 30mins. Ride the final 90 km of the race route
- Travel in the minibus to the stage finish approx. 250km in total
- Following stage return in minibus approx. 230km.
After stage return to the hotel for the evening meal
Sunday September 14th:
Santiago de Compostela - Santiago de Compostela ITT
Santiago de Compostela “The journey’s end”. Today's stage is a 10-kilometre long individual time-trial stage that will end at Plaza del Obradoiro and is sure to be spectacular.
Today we will stay in town and watch the final stage. We will take the minibus or ride into town to view the race at various places.
After the stage return to the hotel for the evening meal
Monday September 15th:
After breakfast we will run an airport transfer back to Madrid airport.
£899 per person, based on two people sharing a double room or twin room
Single supplement for the sole occupancy of one of these rooms is £99 per person
What's not Included:
- 6 nights at the Hotel Casa Grande do Bachao in Sta Christina de Fecha at 5km from Santiago de Compostela
- 6 breakfasts and evening meals
- 6 packed lunches
- Water, coffee and after dinner drink included with evening meal
- A Sports Tours Int Cycling jersey
- Daily Minibus transport
- Bike storage at the hotel
- Daily transport to watch the different stages
- Airport transfers
- Various pre-mapped riding options with GPX files and maps
- The services of our Sports Tours representatives, driver and bike guide
- Your flights to and from Madrid
- Any other meals and drinks to what is included above
- Travel insurance (Very important)
Twin to share:
If you would like to join us as a single traveller but you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our 'twin to share' option. We will pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra. Simply click on the green button and select the twin to share option.
Where we do not offer our own bike hire fleet, we can introduce you to a number of local bike hire companies who may be able to provide you with a bike for the duration of your trip with us. Please note, Sports Tours International cannot accept any liability for any booking you make with a third party supplier.
For 2014 we have teamed up with Veloce Bike Rental, one of Lonely Planet's "Top 5 of all Things to Do in Europe", to offer you bike hire in Italy. Veloce offers a range of bike categories to suit every need, from the top end road bikes through to E-Bikes and hybrids. Not only does this make it easier for you to take part in some of the worlds best Gran Fondos and sightseeing trips (eg: Giro d'Italia), but it gives you a great opportunity to bring along your husbands, wives and children, who can hire a bike and discover the towns and countryside of Italy, while you are off competing.
Click on Veloce Bike Rental, to be directed to their website to discover the options available to you for your trip, quoting 'Sports Tours International' to let them know that you are on one of our trips.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Visas are not required for British passport holders to enter Spain. As a British passport holder you may stay as a visitor for three months. For links to important websites, click here. All other non-UK passport holders must check their own country's entry requirements for Spain.
For details of insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page.
There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.