The Vuelta a España (Tour
of Spain) 2015
The Vuelta a España or Tour of Spain is an annual multi stage race held in Spain. Along with the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia, the Vuelta makes up cycling's prestigious, three week-long Grand Tours.
After an incredible 2014 edition with lots of uphill finishes, Alberto Contador came out best with Chris Froome coming in second before Movistar's local favorite Alejandro Valverde.
Our travel package to the final week of the 2015 Vuelta a Espana will follow the race from its final rest day in Burgos to the evening time finish in Madrid.
Chris Froome, Nairo Quintana, Alejandro Valverde and Joaquim Rodríguez are confirmed to take part in the Vuelta, whilst title holder Alberto Contador skips his home race to go for the Giro and Tour de France double.
Watch a summary of last year's race here
Our travel package to the final week of the 2015 Vuelta a Espana is available to book now.
Click here for full details.
The Final week of the Vuelta a Espana 2015
This week we will take you to watch the final stages of the 2015 Vuelta a Espana from the second and final rest day, all the way until the final day and the evening finish in Madrid.
We have chosen to stay at various different towns to ensure we have the very best access to all of the final 5 stages of the 2015 Vuelta.
Click here for full details of this package.
The route of the 2015 Vuelta a España:The 70th edition of 'La Vuelta Ciclista a España will start on Saturday 22 August in Puerto Banús, near Marbella, with a time trial.
The next 2 stages will also take place on the Costa del Sol. Taking place from Saturday August 22nd to Sunday September 13th 2015, the Vuelta will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,374.4 kilometres.
After 39km of individual time trialling, 7.4km of team time trialling, 44 hills and mountains and 2 rest days the 2015 Vuelta will have its night-time finish in Madrid.
6 flat stages
13 hill and mountain stages
1 team time trial stage
1 individual time trial stage
Sports Tours International takes you to all the Grand Tours. Our travel packages to the 2015 Vuelta a Espana are now available to book. Book the Vuelta and receive a free Sports Tours International jersey made by Ekoi:
Why book with Sports Tours International?
- Fly in and out of Madrid for our 6 night/ 7 day travel package. Many scheduled and low-cost airlines fly to these destinations.
- Our mini-buses transfer all your luggage and bikes (with bike box/bag) between destinations. They are equipped with bike roof racks for secure and safe transportation of your bike.
- Our hotels provide excellent breakfast and evening meals with wine, water included.
- All of our 3 & 4 star hotels are named and published on our site so you can have a look in advance, not all companies do this!
- Single room or twin share option is available
- Single travellers are welcome to join our group
- Sports Tours International provide the best value and we are professional and reliable with years of Vuelta experience.
- We support you whether you ride or spectate - .gpx files, maps, back-up vehicles and rider/guides provided.(on certain days)
- Spectators can enjoy Spanish culture and access to the Vuelta by air conditioned comfortable mini bus.
- Our hotels provide the best and most efficient access to the race, no time wasted!